What to expect on a shoot
- Where do you shoot? I like to shoot outdoors usuing the natural light and natures backdrops. We have so many cool things outside why not use it to our advantage. Makes for great shots.
- The best weather to shoot in? Overcast weather is the best weather to shoot in. So I like to schedule shoots early in the morning or later in the afternoon and in the summer time in the evening is great too because you can shoot as the sun is going down during golden hour. When you shoot in the middle of the day with no clouds in the sky you tend to get harsh lighting and squinted eyes. Which means a location with lots of shade will be needed.
- What happens if it rains? If it rains we will have to reschedule....unless we can find somewhere covered to shoot and you still want to do the shoot. So definitely watch the weather report.
- What to wear on a shoot? You should choose colors that compliment each other like browns, blues, purples, greens/reds, blues, browns/browns, creams, pinks. Also solid colors are better than busy prints. I like to save prints for accessories, like shoes, scarves, or shirts that have fun jackets over them. A jean jacket and a printed shirt or have the jacket color match one of the colors in your printed top. Just make sure your prints work are in the same color family as your solids. Also dress for the weather, is it warm out? or cooler out? wear what makes you feel comfortable too.
- What colors don't work in photographs? Black is a hard color to work with especially when the subject wears alot, same with red. try to use those colors as accents or splashes.